Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2010 12:28 PM by bm911tax

    Starting a C-Corp with a Foreign National

    jsidari Newbie
      I am starting a C-Corp with two partners. One has a green card and the other (foreign national) does not and is still living overseas in Chile. I have read on this forum that I can start a C-Corp with the foreign national and issue them stock, but I am curious if I can start applying for a visa for this person. If so, what kind?

      I have read that an L1-visa requires that the foreign national be employed for over a year, which obviously is not the case with us. I C-Corp is probably 30 or so days away and I need the person here for an extended amount of time beginning August 2010 and possibly lasting more than a year.

      Any thoughts or suggestions?