Advertisement is essential to your business. Most small business owners hand out cards or other promotional items, but what about gaining exposure through press conferences? Here are a few tips to help you achieve a smooth interview.
· Share your personality. Interviewers look for unique traits that make conferences more interesting. Use an attention-grabbing anecdote that’s relevant to your line of work.
· Do an online search of relevant queries and make a habit of responding to them. Sharing a bit of your knowledge can bring new customers to your business.
· Keep it short and to the point. A paragraph or two will suffice as opposed to several paragraphs. The longer your response, the shorter your reader’s attention span.
· Respond to relevant questions. Maintain focus on the issue that’s being discussed, redirect the conversation as needed.
· Be polite to your journalist. Common courtesy goes a long way. Be sure to add a link to your company’s website so that he/she can verify that you are a genuine source.
I’d love to hear your thoughts on how you’d handle an interview. ~Moderator Mel
Join our small community for expert insights, insider tips, and the industry knowledge you need to see your small business grow.Get Started Become A Member
Now that you’re a member of the community, spice up your profile by adding photos, a custom avatar, information about your small busines, and much more.View Profile
There are no recent discussions
Ways to Make Your Search More Accurate
Most of the time, you just want to find content that has a particular phrase. Here are the easiest ways to find the content you want.