Post a new topic
    1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 15, 2016 6:15 PM by Moderator Rebecca

    States with reciprocity

    evl1 Newbie

      Should bot SIT, and STUA be paid to the same state, or should STUA go to the state worked in? MI, IN, IL, MN area.

        • Re: States with reciprocity
          Moderator Rebecca Guide

          Hi evl1 - Do you have a tax attorney or accountant for your small business?  If you don't, it may very well certainly be worth the extra money to hire one for a consultation.  Each state has different tax codes and regulations that you will need to be aware of.  One option that some small business owners use is to enter their own data into their choice of tax software, but then turn to a tax professional for a review before filing.


          You may also wish to call each of those individual state tax offices and ask your question as well.  However, if you're in any doubt at all, it's always best to get the advice of a trained professional.