Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2012 9:09 AM by Moderator Melinda

    What to do if self-employed got into the accident?

    alex_hm Wayfarer

      I am a self-employed sub-contractor, building a house. I was
      driving to work when my car, due to some technical issues, got into the
      accident. I was taken to the hospital. My doctors told that I wouldn’t be able
      to work for at least two months. It turned out that the contractor (the house
      owner) didn’t buy worker compensation insurance, and couldn’t help with

      What I can do in this situation? My wife is disabled, we
      have one dependent, and I am (or was?) the only worker in our family.