Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2011 10:02 AM by Moderator_MoniE

    Starting a new rural medical practice

    chuck r colas Newbie


                 I am going to be starting a medical practice.  This will be in the most rural area of California, and I will be solo.  I have practiced in the area for 8 years and I have a lot of patients.  I also have financial backing, and a building all ready provided.  I do not know how to actually start up!  How do I bill for my service.  I know I can do this thing, I just don't know where or how to start.   Any advice will be welcome,  Thanks, Chuck

        • Re: Starting a new rural medical practice
          Tim Jacquet Adventurer



          Congrats on your new business venture. There are plenty billing services that are willing to handle the billing for you, vitual assistants and some nurses specialize in medicall billing - I would try both. To find this info, google and if you are close to a major city you can find a provider. When opening a business, make sure you do the regular license which you have, get an occupation license for your office, I would incorporate as a proferessional corporation, your local Score Office of the SBA or economic development office in our town or nearest city can help you to make sure you have everything you need. Set up credit card processing as well. I hope this helps!

          • Re: Starting a new rural medical practice

            AppleCapital makes a very good point! If you are not sure of how to bill yourself and do not have someone "in house" who is experienced with medical billing, definitely utilize all of the resources available from Google to your local Score office, yellow pages or perhaps even the unemployment office to find an outside source with medical billing experience and hire/contract with them for services. If you have existing customers and your business is already in a position to generate income, there should be a budget available to pay for this service to be handled out of house.