oh and for the record, I intend to file as a sole proprietor, if that makes a difference...
Have you contacted your county clerk of courts to make sure you don't need a local permit? Where I live even though I was selling online, I still needed to get a county permit which was different than the state permit.
thanks, I'll ask today!
Can someone confirm that I'm on the right track to starting my online women's fashion boutique if I follow these barebones steps? Am I missing anything just in getting it started?
1. Register my business name in my state (same thing as trademarking it?)
2. Register the business for taxes with:
- the state (NJ)
- the feds (and get an EIN)
3. Get a business checking account
4. THEN FINALLY contact + register with suppliers
I don't need any liscences or certificates to run an online clothing biz in NJ I think, so that's covered.
So basically in a week or two, I'll officially have a business? What am I missing?