Podcasting is blogging with audio instead of text. Essentially, you post an MP3 file instead of an article.
5 Reasons Why Podcasts Are Great
- An increasing number of people are downloading new podcasts every day.
- Unlike TV, podcast can be played whenever the listener wants.
- People can listen to them in their cars on their way to work or when they go for a run. You will get their full attention.
- There is a lot less competition in the podcast market than there is in the article market.
- Podcasting is a lot easier and less time-consuming than blogging and getting your articles published.
- Download Audacity at#### http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/#### or any other audio editing tool.
- Get a good microphone.
- Write the script (so the podcast doesn't sound improvised and amateurish).
- Record it in a noise-free environment.
- Apply the noise-reduction filter in your audio editing software and save the podcast file.
Where You Can Submit Your Podcast
PodOMatic - http://www.podomatic.com/
Podcast Alley - http://www.podcastalley.com/index.php
iTunes - http://www.itunes.com/
Yahoo Podcasts - http://podcasts.yahoo.com/
Digg Podcasts - http://digg.com/podcasts
Podcast Directory - http://www.podcastdirectory.com/
Podcast Pickle - http://www.podcastpickle.com/
PodFeed - http://www.podfeed.net/
Odeo - http://www.odeo.com/
Digital Podcast - http://www.digitalpodcast.com/
Podcast.net - http://www.podcast.net/
Singing Fish - http://search.singingfish.com/sfw/home.jsp
Blog Universe - http://www.bloguniverse.com/
All Podcasts - http://www.allpodcasts.com/
Big Contact - http://www.bigcontact.com/
Collectik - http://collectik.net/collectik/
PodNova - http://www.podnova.com/
PodTech - http://www.podtech.net/home/
How to Save a Lot of Time When You Submit Your Podcast
I absolutely love these two tools because they submit your podcasts to the major podcast directories for free and they save you a lot of time.
Get more tips about podcasting, marketing, and learn about other small business success stories by listening to the Bank of America Small Business Podcasts.
Zeke Camusio is a serial entrepreneur. The Outsourcing Company, his 6th endeavor, is a creative web design and Internet marketing agency with offices in Aspen, CO and New York.
Zeke writes Let's Do It!, one of the most prestigious and popular entrepreneurship and Internet marketing blog. Check it out: www.TheOutsourcingCompany.com/blog.
zeke.jpg 7.2 K