With the beginning of a new year, many small business owners decide they're going to be better organized or punctual or productive—only to find themselves slipping back into their old habits.
To keep that from happening, we checked in with some thought leaders to get their recommendations for tech tools to help small business owners work smarter.
From Jayson DeMers, CEO at AudienceBloom, a Seattle, Washington-based Internet marketing company:
- Roboform: An app that manages all your passwords, gives you secure access to them wherever you are, and lets you log in to a favorite website with one click.
- Producteev: Task management software. Allows you to manage and track the progress of multiple workers, divide up a big project into smaller steps, oversee remote team members, and keep you on schedule.
- Evernote: App for organizing notes, tasks, and images that can be searched by keyword, shared with others, and synched across your computer or smartphone.
- Addappt: An app that updates the contact information in your address book automatically.
- Pushover: For business owners with multiple phones or devices, this app organizes all your messages in one location.
- OmniFocus: A task management app that tracks assignments and due dates, reviews completed projects, and lets you toggle between your smartphone and desktop.
- Dropbox: A cloud-based platform that lets you store and share files with multiple parties.
From Umar Khan at BuildFire, a mobile app development platform team:
- OfficeTime: Software that keeps track of billable hours and project expenses. Also provides invoicing and report summaries.
- Docusign: Service that lets you send, sign, and approve documents from almost any location.
- ItSeez3d: App that gives your iPad the features and functionality of a 3D scanner.
Taking advantage of these innovative and time-saving tech tools is one resolution that could make you more efficient and organized in 2016.
Bank of America, N.A. engages with Touchpoint Media Inc. to provide informational materials for your discussion or review purposes only. Touchpoint Media Inc. is a registered trademark, used pursuant to license. The third parties within articles are used under license from Touchpoint Media Inc. Consult your financial, legal and accounting advisors, as neither Bank of America, its affiliates, nor their employees provide legal, accounting and tax advice.
Bank of America, N.A. Member FDIC.
©2016 Bank of America Corporation