With EMV chip card technology, the card brands have introduced “liability shifts.” If your payment devices are not EMV enabled, your business could be held liable for counterfeit fraud losses when chip cards are used (card-present transactions only). We can help you understand the cost/benefit of adopting EMV.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How the majority of the world uses EMV
- What the liability shift is and what it means to you
- The impact on card issuers and merchants
- What EMV means to your customers
- Why to expect a reduction in fraudulent transactions
- How to develop your strategy
To talk to someone about EMV, you can call Bank of America Merchant Services.
- Current Bank of America Merchant Service customers, please call 1-800-430-7161.
- For new inquiries, please call 1-855-833-3610